Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Inspiration

My son came running back to our campsite from the playground ready for lunch.  I couldn't even see skin; just dirt and mud.  I yelled down, "Wash first-with soap!"

He stopped at the water spigot at the front of our campsite, turned on the water, grabbed the soap, and in seconds was clean enough to eat-from the wrists to the fingers anyway.

Another mom was walking by and stopped to watch.  She asked about my "soap dispenser."  I never even thought of it as clever or unusual-just standard operating procedure.  I drop a bar of soap into an old nylon knee-high or pieces of pantyhose and tie it to the spigot.  It's always there, dries between sue, doesn't fall on the ground, and can't be carried away by animals-or kids.

About 2 hours later, I saw that same mom again.  She had made a trip into a nearby town for some knee highs and soap.  She asked if I had any other secrets to share... 

That made me think, maybe I do have some ideas that can be useful to other campers.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At February 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM , Blogger lee woo said...

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining, they just shine. See the link below for more info.


#shining
www.edupdf.org


 
At April 16, 2015 at 6:32 PM , Blogger andrea chiu said...


There are times that we encounter fear and disappointments in life yet we still manage to stand up straight and face it rather that being silent. That was a very good example of being a brave person. Well, I would like to thank you for sharing a very good article it is very much appreciated, good job! You can visit my site too if you want. Have a great day!

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

 
At August 6, 2015 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Cindy Dy said...

You are an awesome blogger. This is one of the best blog I had visited so far. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Keep it up. God bless.

Bubble
www.gofastek.com

 
At August 28, 2015 at 3:39 AM , Blogger Shiya Priya said...

Nice Website...
Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
its may be very beneficial for you also really

 
At September 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Nicolas Flemix said...

Thanks for your great post. This post obviously very helpful. Already I'm bookmark this website. Again Thanks . If you update your facebook account, please visit Buy Facebook Likes

 
At October 18, 2015 at 5:29 AM , Blogger Buy Fast Like said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM , Blogger lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

 
At December 7, 2016 at 4:41 AM , Blogger Tonmoy Das said...

Yes, someone's experience could be a great hiking tips for others.
by the way thanks for sharing your post!

 
At February 8, 2017 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Jin Pak said...

This is what, I really do while I'm on disneyland camping doing silly and funny things to make my expedition more exciting and adventurous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home